Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey
Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey: Many people cannot lose weight by following many diets that help in losing weight. And the genetic factor may be one of the most important reasons that constitute an actual obstacle for trying to lose weight and getting rid of excess fat in the body.
Here, Sleeve gastrectomy procedure or converting the course of the stomach come among several options that many may resort to to lose excess weight, especially if it is linked to chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension, or if the person cannot stop eating sugars in large quantities. The procedure of sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey has a great benefit in getting rid of these problems (weight gain as a result of a genetic factor, weight gain associated with chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension, problems of weight gain resulting from the inability to avoid excessive eating of sweets and sugars).
Steps followed by the medical staff of Dr.alakkad for the success of sleeve gasterectomy procedure in Turkey:
- Studying your case before performing the operation:
Gastric sleeve operations are performed in Turkey after studying the patient’s health and psychological condition, where your condition is presented to the nutritionist, psychiatrist, and surgeon who will perform the operation for you, before the sleeve gastrectomy is performed. The interview that we provide to the patient with the surgeon who will perform the operation is the most important step in answering the inquiries and questions that the patient has and is concerned with.
It should be noted that, gastric sleeve operations are usually performed in Turkey for those with a body mass index (BMI) more than 30 – 40 kg / m2.
- After deciding to conduct the surgery, the necessary investigations will be done:
When you decide to undergo a gastrectomy in Turkey, we will accompany you to start the medical analyzes necessary to perform the procedure, which requires that, the patient be on a fast period of 8-10 hours.
After performing the analyzes, an appointment will be scheduled for the operation, and this will depend on the patient’s psychological well-being and equipment several (2-3) days prior to the procedure.
Dear patient, What should you do, before the operation:
- Psychological readiness and preparation for the operation, because it is truly a qualitative shift in your life and your diet.
- Avoid foods broken down with fat and sugars.
- If the patient is a smoker, this procedure also helps him to stop smoking before the operation.
- Stop using any anti-platelet medications.
- Reducing the amount of food, and drinking more water.
After determining the date of the operation, You must attend the night of the operation for the hospital to stay overnight to be prepared for the operation, which will usually be performed in the morning.
- The procedure of sleeve gasterectomy:
In Turkey, gastrectomy is a very simple procedure and is performed under general anesthesia. The procedure of sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey is done through the endoscope, as the specialist doctor performs the operation by making (3-4) small openings through which, a large part of the stomach is cut up to 70-75% of the volume of the stomach, where its shape after the cutting becomes like a tube that connects between Esophagus and duodenum. In some cases, a support may be required in the event of a flashback, but this is done in very, very rare cases. The process takes only about half an hour. But it takes place within two hours, including the duration of the operation, the duration of anesthesia and recovery.
- After exiting form the operation room: :
After leaving the OR, you will be escorted to your room, fully equipped. Post-operative health and medical care is provided by a staff of 24-hour nurses and doctors. The total days of stay in the hospital are 3 days, and your health condition will be monitored.
What you should do during these three days is very important:
- • On the first day: Drink a glass of water only in several stages, and then walk all day at a rate of 10 minutes every hour.
- • On the second day: a liter of water is drunk in stages and much walking should be done too.
- • On the third day: A protein is given with water or juice and the amount of water is approximately 2 liters that the patient drinks in stages throughout the day.
In this stage (the three-day phase), a health and medical evaluation is made for you by the doctor who performed the operation for you and the assisting staff. Some tests are done for you to ensure you are discharged from the hospital while you are in full health and wellness.
your hospital discharge completely:
After a full examination of your case. The specialist determines the appropriate time for your discharge from the hospital. Before leaving the hospital, you will be given all the medical analyzes that were performed, in addition to the accurate and detailed daily diet schedule that you must follow in the nutrition process. Also, at this time, an appointment is made to review the doctor to check on your health and assess your condition. The appointment is usually 7 days after your discharge.
The treatment will be prescribed for a full year. We can also bring the treatment to you before discharge from the hospital, so that, we have all the procedures before, during and after the sleeve gasterectomy procedure for you easily.
Dear patient, here are some services that we have provided specifically to facilitate the procedure of sleeve gasterectomy, that will be conducted for you:
- • Periodically while you are in the hospital, your case is monitored and evaluated by the doctor who performed the operation personally.
- There are interpreters accompanying you to complete all procedures before and after the procedure. They will also do whatever you need to facilitate the process of communication with the doctor until you leave the hospital.
- • You will be given a detailed report on your practical condition that was performed in detail after your last doctor’s review.
- • Your health will be monitored for a full year and your inquiries will be received 24 hours a day.